Things have been moving steadily forward these past few months and this latest release wraps up some of the items that couldn't fit into the previous update. The change from 1.0.4 to 1.0.5 (essentially) reflects a subtle adjustment in the way the 'Initiative Token Bonus' works. This is the bonus players receive when the group lands on a treasure space, and the player in question is the one holding the Initiative Token. The concept of having a Treasure Hunting bonus was first introduced in Ruleset 1.0.1. The difference is subtle, but now allows for more variety (and greater potential reward) to be had as a result of the bonus.
The rest of the changes, as you'll find in the release notes, fall more under the category of enhancements to the existing experience. Here they are:
- Treasure Hunting, the 'Initiative Token Bonus' slightly modified
See 'Grouping, Travel and Treasure Hunting' section of Game Manual (page 39)
- PDF Pack now includes a printable version of Victory Badges/Hero Award
- Three new Spells; brings total number of Spells to 45
- New Item, Carrier Pigeons (I037) replaces 'Fine Herbal Tea'
- New Story Card, "Ambition and Crop Thievery"
- Story Maps, cave/underground sections added to some of the overland areas
Journeys will now be just a tad more challenging, and offer a greater variety of encounters
- Minor cosmetic enhancements here and there
Please Note: The updated PDF Packs were pushed out on Friday, March 2nd. Anyone who's obtained them since then should notice their Game Manual as showing the latest version number.